Webtalk is the only social network platform where you can easily mix business with pleasure, by filtering what you see and how you talk to. Still, in BETA testing, and waiting for patents, which when granted will be rolled out fully including the affiliate side of the business.
RJ Garbowicz is the founder, chairman and CEO of Webtalk, which he founded in 2011. RJ is responsible for setting the overall direction and product strategy for the company. He leads the design of Webtalk’s service and development of its core technology and infrastructure. RJ is a software UX Architect/Designer and serial digital entrepreneur, selling his first e commerce company in 2001, and a previous online networking and dating company in 2010.
Discover more about RJ on his Linkedin profile
- Name – Webtalk
- Website – www.webtalk.co
- Price – Currently in Beta test. Free to join – Upgrade available but no details at present
- Owner – RJ Garbowicz
- Overall Ranking – 7 out of 10
The Good and the Bad
What I like about Webtalk
- The platform itself is clean and easy to use. Very simple to set up as a model of most other social platforms.
- Good to see that the owner is visible and not hiding in the background.
- The 10% revenue share is something that could be genius when and if it arrives. (watch this space for updates on this one)
- The affiliate program is free for life. (Never pay to be an affiliate of any product or service)
- You have to be invited to join Webtalk which will help when it goes viral as people will want to join. Here’s your invite.
What I disliked
- Having only recently joined I have found at present that there are many just marketers on the site, so if you are a business wanting to promote your services it may prove a hard task. This will probably change as the platform grows although at 2 million members it’s fairly big already.
- Beware I have already had to block scammers after receiving messages (Be vigilant at all times, this of course goes for any social network not just Webtalk)
- Would love to have been connected to the owner upon signing up, this would have been a big plus for me personally. The owners of Wealthy Affiliate do this brilliantly.
Why Is Webtalk Different
Connect with like-minded professionals
Networking with others is vital in business today, with webtalk you can connect with others very easily, following them, or sending them a connection notice. You then can the chance to add them into different categories. These are acquaintance, investor/donor, client/customer, colleague, vendor/service provider, entrepreneur/partner and classmate.
You can then add tags for this person so you can easily find them in the future. Additional notes and values can be added too.
Who viewed your profile
Another valuable feature of Webtalk is that they show you who has viewed your profile over the previous 30 days. Ideal to connect with people looking for what you offer.
Easily add files, photos and videos to your account and save into separate tabs on your profile. This makes it easy for your to locate them and for your visitors to find them.
This is webtalks affiliate program, which unfortunately I was unable to join as Webtalk is still in beta testing. There is a short video about how you can earn through webtalk.
Basically there are 3 ways you can earn 10% of the revenue share… Possible Scam Alert these 10% are paid down 5 levels hmm looking towards an MLM business model.
Anyway I will report back on this as and when then launch this side of the business.
The revenue streams are advertising, upgrades and product sales. A bit difficult to advise further as no real information on these as yet.
I could not find any visible support on the site maybe this will materialize once it is fully up and running.
The Webtalk platform itself is free to join (by invite only) there was a mention of upgrades in the short video. I will again report back on this as and when I get more details.
Is Webtalk Worth Joining ?
In short, I would say currently YES…
There are active people on the platform that you can connect with, you can also refer others too. Whether the platform will launch the affiliate side of the business, well the jury is out on that one. All I can say is I will keep you updated with any news on that front.
Initially my thoughts are good although when you start talking paying commissions down 5 levels then possible alarm bells start ringing on that front.
I would join for free, set up your account and invite some others if things move forward with the affiliate commission side then you are well-placed to make some serious money.
At worst you will be able to connect with a huge amount of like-minded people and grow your network.
In Addition :- You could join Wealthy Affiliate as a free member, and then refer your contacts to their online training platform
Disclosure :- Affiliate links may be used within this post. This means that if you purchase through my site after clicking a link then I get a small commission, at NO extra charge to yourself. This helps me to continue giving great free content. Thanks