With any online business traffic is the golden goose when it comes to success. But of course getting traffic is one thing but if that traffic doesn’t turn into buyers then your business will struggle big time.
There is three different types of traffic. Traffic you control, traffic you don’t control and traffic you own. If, I have totally lost you already then read this article first.
Now it doesn’t matter what type of traffic you are aiming to drive to your site the best traffic you can achieve is targeted traffic.
Let’s explain what I mean by targeted traffic.
What Is Targeted Traffic ?
Cold traffic would be keywords such as health, internet marketing or weight loss. Although great keywords these are too broad and the competition would be fierce.
Warm traffic would be keywords such as Pain relief, email marketing and keto diet again these are great keywords we are still a bit broad, but if used we would generate some traffic.
Laser Targeted traffic would be longer keyword phrases with a specific goal in mind such as How to relief back pain – Ways to get more leads online – How can I lose 10Lbs Fast as you can see these long keyword phrases are much more targeted as people are searching for a particular issue that they want help for.
Finding these keywords
Places To Get Targeted Traffic From
First I want to show you some places where to can get this type of traffic from.
- Search Engine – As you can see from Google there are a huge amounts of searches for long keywords. Using these to get ranked in Google, Bing or Yahoo is going to get you some highly targeted traffic for sure.
- Social Networks – We all know the power of Facebook, Twitter and all the other major players when it comes to social networks again targeting these platforms again will work but beware of linking directly to offers as many social networks don’t like affiliate links Facebook is one for sure but here’s what to do in their case.
- Email List – If you haven’t started building your email list then now is the time to start. There are plenty of email service providers around the one I use and would recommend AWeber which is one of the best.
- Blog Posts – Starting a blog is probably the most popular way to start an online business these days. If you have not created your blog yet then read my building a website for free article. Once you start producing posts there are many sites where you can promote your blog links for free.
- Videos – Video is everywhere today Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and of course You Tube. Being the second largest search engine after Google You Tube would be a definite place to get noticed and get you some amazing targeted traffic. Check out these 5 tips for getting started on You Tube
Now you know about targeted traffic, what it is and where you can get it from, let’s now talk about the burning question I asked right at the beginning on the post.
Should I Buy Targeted Traffic ?
Well let’s reword the question. What paid traffic sources would generate me targeted traffic?
If you take the long tail keyword principles I have already covered YES you can buy targeted traffic simple answer I know.
Time now to dive into what paid traffic sources to use.
The truth is NEVER buy an email list no matter how cheap and good they say it is and here are the reasons
- The list is probably years old and most of the emails don’t even exist anymore
- This list has probably been sold numerous times so even if the emails are live they probably will not open them.
- Most of these lists are generated using your COLD traffic keywords like Health or Fitness. As, I have already explained too broad.
- This people don’t know you and have not requested anything from you. You are just spamming them and this will hurt your reputation.
That said no for some great paid traffic solutions.
Search Engine – Paid ads such as Google, Bing and Yahoo Ads although can be expensive for your long tail keywords you will possibly get page one for your ads.
Social Networks – Boosting posts and tweets on Facebook and Twitter is low cost but you are in the lap of the gods with who sees them. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest all have ad platforms which again are fairly cheap depending on the keywords, just be sure to start with a low budget to test and then when you are getting results ramp up.
Videos – Paying for You Tube ads has proved successful for me in the past and like I said it’s the second largest search engine so maybe worth a go.
A quick note regarding all your paid advertising, start slow and test see what works and what doesn’t drop the poor campaigns and ramp up the good ones.
There are other ways of paying for traffic but with what I said about keywords I think these are your best shouts to start with. Remember too you can also get free traffic from all these places too.