Looking at building a website for free? You have definitely arrived at the right place I can help you achieve this…
Whether you are looking to build a website to use for affiliate marketing or you are a local business that needs a point of call on the web you need to keep reading:-
What Makes A Great Website
Let’s go through what makes a great website… Follow these pointers and you will have a successful site
Great Content – There’s a saying that goes “Content is King” and I can say it definitely is. Creating great content is one of the most important things when it comes to a successful website. In order to do this then keyword research is a vital part of great content.
Easy Navigation – Being able to navigate through your website and find information that you need is a must. I would keep to a basic menu at the top of your site, use contrasting colors so that people can see exactly where to click. Do not overpopulate the menu less is more. Use submenus to group items together.
Simple Design – Don’t over complicate the design keep it to a couple of colors and then shades of. Certain colors work better than others I find blue tones work well. Add a splash of vibrant color here and there on things such as the call to actions and titles. Keep your design similar across your website and social accounts this helps to build your brand online.
Use of Images – Great images can make or break your website. Here are some pointers to help.
- Use royalty free images these can be your own images that you own, or you can use royalty-free sites like unsplash, pixabay, and pexels. These sites have 1000’s of images that you can simply download and use.
- Keep image size relevant. What I am talking about here is the file size of the image. If your image size is too large then this can have a negative effect as it will reduce the visitor experience by loading very slowly. This could result in readers clicking away.
- Add Alternative Text. The search engines can not read images so be sure to use the alternative text feature when uploading new images. Give a descriptive title for your image, oh and keep it relevant to your article.
Speed of Loading – If your page loading time is too slow then your visitors could be gone never to return… As we have already discussed large images can be a factor in this. Another reason for slow speed is, of course, your server speed make sure you choose a good hosting site so you don’t have this issue.
If you are using WordPress for your website, if you are not then I would totally recommend it, another possible problem could be with your plugins. These may be outdated or you just might have too many active, both could slow down your website.
(WordPress is used as a platform to build websites and is definitely the product I would recommend fill in your domain name below and start building your site now…)
Why Use WordPress (CMS)
You have most likely heard of WordPress. It is the best content management system (CMS) on the planet and widely used to build a vast majority of today s websites. Gone are the days that you need to have a degree in computer science to build one.
Some advantages of using WordPress are as follows:-
- Quick and Easy – To get your website live on the internet is both quick and easy, through sites such as Wealthy Affiliate it is a one-click operation. You can have your website live in just a few minutes
- No Coding – To build a basic website there is no HTML coding required at all this makes it very easy especially if you are not a techy person.
- Additional Features – Because WordPress is an open source platform many features (known as plugins) have been created to solve various issues, meaning if you want to add something to your website the likelihood is that someone has built a plugin for it. This means that WordPress will continue to be the leader in website development as it will easily keep up with trends and new technology.
- Themes – This is replicated across its themes. A theme is the basic design framework and you can choose from 1000s of different themes directly within the admin area of your site. You can, of course, choose to buy premium themes which give you more flexibility when making changes. Thrive Themes is just one of those companies that offer premium themes and plugins. I would recommend looking at the Thrive Themes Membership for the best value around.
- Security – If created and used wisely then WordPress websites can be remarkably secure. The addition of great hosting will add to its security along with various plugins that will always deter would-be hackers.
As you can see WordPress is my favorite, I build all my websites using it and recommend it to all my clients at Designed 4 U (my web design business). Even this site is using WordPress…
So let’s show you how to start building a website for free
It Only Takes 30 Seconds
In just 3 simple steps you too can have your very own website live on the internet.
As I mentioned earlier in this article I can help create this website.
So if you are up for it let’s do this!
- Step One – Head over to Wealthy Affiliate and join as a Starter Member with your membership you will get the option to build not one but two websites for free. There is free training to get you up and running and even tools to help with things such as keyword research. I am an active member of WA and will connect with you as soon as you sign up. So if you get stuck I can help you out. You also have a whole community of like-minded people to help you too.
- Step Two – Start building the first of your 2 free websites. Just follow the simple steps in the training and you could have your site up within 10 minutes… Don’t believe it! Watch me do it LIVE in the video below.
- Step Three – Access the training and tools for free to guide you all the way. Follow through with the rest of the training. Ask questions and start building your business online.
And it’s as simple as that. Follow these steps and within minutes you will have your very own fully functioning WordPress website up and running. Don’t forget I am here to help just shout if you have any questions.
I would also recommend that once you have your website up and running then keep learning. One of the best places to get up to date information on everything from Web design to SEO in the Wealthy Affiliate University. They have hundreds of video tutorials and weekly live webinars on various topics.
Disclosure :- Affiliate links may be used within this post. This means that if you purchase through my site after clicking a link when I get a small commission, at NO extra charge to yourself. This helps me to continue giving great free content. Thanks
If you found this article helpful please share by clicking on the icons to the left (For Pinterest – Use Image Below)